Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Love Sunday's

It is a foggy Sunday morning here. The ground is covered with a light dusting of snow. And I am feeling like having a lazy day of snuggles and fun with my little family. I am not sure how realistic that is but its a nice wish.
Grace and I made some granola this morning. I used to think I didn't like granola but what I have come to discover is that I don't like granola that comes from the store. It is sickly sweet and really quite revolting. Here is my recipe:

In a bowl mix together:
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened ribbon coconut
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp. organic canola oil
2 Tbsp. agave syrup
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread granola mixture evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 min., stirring every 5 min. Pour into a bowl and stir in 1 cup dried cranberries ( or raisins or dried cherries or chopped dried apricots....). Cool and put in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
This will probably keep for a very long time. I am not sure because it never lasts for very long in our house.


I like this with yogurt and fresh fruit. Mmmmmm!
Have a lovely day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment