Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm going to...

...let you in on a little secret. A while back a friend of mine asked me if I would make her wedding dress. For starters, I just about shrieked in excitement ( I may have squealed a little) and then I said yes.
I have known Ruby since we were little girls. We grew up with each other, in the same little village, where there were all of about 12 kids. We all played together, regardless of age differences. It was pretty wonderful. So when she asked me to make this dress for her, I was honored and so stoked.
When I tell people that I am doing this I get one of two reactions. 1. Are you insane? Have you ever made a wedding dress before? or 2. Wow! That is so amazing!

The funny thing is that I am not nervous about this. Maybe I should be. But I'm not. I mean, it is just a dress. Yes, a very important dress but it is a dress all the same. Maybe I would feel differently if this was to be a super formal affair. (They are having a very casual beach-y wedding.)
Or maybe its because I have made loads of dresses before. I will take just as much care with this dress as with any other I have made.

Or maybe its because it is for Ruby. She picked the pattern and the fabric and she is so excited about it every time we come to a new step in the dressmaking process. The sample fit her like a glove and looked amazing on her.
That's a lot of maybe's.

Hard to believe this pile is now a dress!

I will keep you all posted on the progress, now that the cat is out of the bag. I had a lovely day of sewing and this dress is in the home stretch.
I can't wait for Ruby to see it.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment