Monday, June 20, 2011

A dress for me!

On Saturday I had planned on sewing in the zipper on Ruby's dress. But after hanging out with my brother's, well, let's just say I shouldn't have been doing anything that required too much concentration. Work on Ruby's dress just wasn't going to happen.
So I made a dress for myself. I have had this navy and white gingham hanging around for a while. I had always planned on making a dress out of it but just needed the right pattern.

I found Anda on Burdastyle. It is a very simple shift dress with a super retro silhouette. The directions did not come down with the pattern so I just made it up as I went. I lined it with habotai silk and made skinny arm and neck facings with bias tape. I put some pockets in the skirt and also omitted the elastic waist tie - those things never look good on me so I will just belt it. I think this dress will be perfect for summer. Looks good with flats, heels and wedges. Go ahead, ask me how I know.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment