Monday, February 21, 2011

Some pictures and a recap

I have been a sicky girl this weekend. Feeling better today but I have been keeping it very low key this weekend. On Saturday I was forced to go out and buy some food as all I had in my fridge was mayo and ketchup, two eggs, coffee cream, some onions and pickles. Not much of a meal there.
I have been knitting a lot. I can do that in my pjs on the couch. I decided to use this wool I let G. pick out. We went on a camping trip through Washington, Idaho and Oregon this past summer. We camped just outside of this little town in Oregon called Joseph. It was very cute. And it had a yarn shop. G. picked purple. And I mean purple. I finally decided on Tiny Tea Leaves.

Blogger keeps flipping this picture...

What a joy to knit! I have finished the yoke and am making my way down the body. Very cute.

I finally took pictures of the dress I made for my staff party this year.

It was a Michael Kors pattern from Vogue and I liked making this very much. Except for the first bodice I made. Yes, the first one turned out four sizes too big. I was in a hurry and decided to not make a muslin. Boy, do I ever wish I hadn't skipped that step. Luckily I had enough fabric for a do over and I finished my dress and hour before I had to leave for the party!
I used a cotton print I already had and some sort of cotton-y lining. I guess I was not that original with the print but I am a sucker for navy with white polka dots! I think the top would look amazing without the straps and I would like to shorten the hem a bit. It was a super comfortable dress to wear and I got tons of compliments.
And finally, here is a picture of the underside of my sleeve.

It was brutal. My whole body was shaking. But it is just the outline. I still have to go back for the shading and colour. Can't say I am looking forward to it but I am looking forward to the finished sleeve. Graham is an amazing artist and I feel very lucky to have found someone who shares my aesthetic and is also super talented.
I am going to try and get some work done today. We'll see if I am successful or if the couch just sucks me in again. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment