Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cookie Extravaganza!

The Wee Beast and I have finally started our holiday baking.  In my family we don't exchange gifts with each other (pressies are just for the kids) but I do bake a crap load of cookies and squares to give out.  I also send some over to the neighbours and take some into work for my co-workers.
I thought I would share the recipes with you for all the things I am making this year.
Today we made Snickerdoodles.  The name alone is a very good reason to make these and you really should say it as many times as possible.  If you've never had these cookies, you should make a batch.  They are little vanilla cookies with a crispy exterior and a soft, almost fluffy inside.  They are coated in cinnamon sugar before baking. I recommend making a double batch!

Snickerdoodles
Recipe courtesy of my childhood, soundtrack - Billie Holiday

1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt

3 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.   In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture.

 
In small, shallow bowl mix sugar and cinnamon.

 
Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar mixture.

 
Place about 2-inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.  Bake at 350F for 13-15min. or until golden brown around the edges.  Cool.

 
Makes 30 cookies.
Hope you get a chance to make some!  They are fantastic! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment