Monday, September 5, 2011

Things around here...

have been a whirlwind of activity.
Someone turned five. We had a birthday party with her friends at the park in the afternoon.

I made her an awesome dinosaur cake which she promptly told me was not a dinosaur but a dragon. I still thought it was rad.



Don't tell anyone but I am pretty sure she did too.
When we asked G. what she wanted to do for her birthday her first response was that she wanted to have a bbq with her aunt and uncle. This is the uncle that scared the crap out of her for her first few years of life. We definitely had to honor that request and so we had a family bbq at our place. The Mister made his famous ribs ( Oh-my-goodness, these ribs are mind blowing!) and my brother brought some salmon that he had caught. It was an exhausting day. But oh-so-much fun!
We have also been going to the beach,

....wrangling bugs,
...canning peaches,
...and pickles,
Everything in this jar came out of our garden!

...picking veggies,
...and sewing lovely things.


Now we are going to soak up the last days of summer. And we are getting ready for the new routine of the first year of school. How did that get here so fast? G. is excited and a little apprehensive. I think that is to be expected. I'm just glad there is excitement in there too.
Wishing you all a lovely day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment