Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Five

Tomorrow my daughter is turning five. I cannot believe how fast five years has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was looking at her wrinkled little face for the first time. Smelling her hair and kissing her cheeks for the first time.

She is such a wonderful little person - hilarious and kind, generous and feisty. Her intelligence is staggering, her joy breathtaking. And she is getting so big. She is on the cusp of Big Kid-hood. I am a wee bit torn here - on one hand I am so proud of the person she is becoming. On the other, I miss the chubby thighs and the finger dimples.

They have been replaced by impossibly long legs and bony little elbows.

She is still my snuggle bug and I cherish every moment that my girl wants to be cuddled up in my lap.
Before your child is born it is hard to imagine how much you are going to love them. And then they are born and you can't imagine loving anyone more.

Happy Birthday, my sweet girl!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment