Sunday, October 10, 2010

Giving Thanks

For us folks in Canada it is Thanksgiving weekend. This means an extra day off work, eating a beautiful meal and spending time with the people we love. Well, that's what it means to me. I usually host the holiday dinner at my house - I really love doing it. I feel very fortunate that all my family live close by. I would say that is what I am most thankful for because I love them all very much.

This is my grandmother's wedding china - I use it every occasion I can.
Especially when I have help with washing dishes.

I am in the process of cooking one of the largest turkeys I have ever had the pleasure of cooking. It is so big I had to purchase a new roasting pan and it is the only thing I can fit in my oven. Good thing my oven is huge. I always do a very traditional Thanksgiving dinner - roast turkey, bread stuffing with cranberries, mashed potatoes, gravy (mmmm, gravy!), cranberry sauce, yams and veggies. For dessert I made a cranberry upside down cake and will be serving it with a softly whipped vanilla cream.
I am really looking forward to hanging out with the family tonight. How do you spend Thanksgiving weekend? What are you thankful for this year?
Have a wonderful long weekend! x

No comments:

Post a Comment