Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthday Boy

Today is the mister's birthday. He has to work all day - poor guy. But it gives me and G all day to do something fabulous for him.
First off, we will be cleaning the house.
Secondly, we will be making a birthday cake. Nothing chocolate or over the top because he is not that kinda cake guy. It will be simple. A mango upside down cake. His favourite.
Then we will be wrapping a couple of pretty sweet goodies and making a wicked awesome card. Complete with glitter, I am almost certain of it.
Then comes dinner. The mister loves all things pork. So on the menu for tonight:

Baby back ribs - I am going to make a dry rub for them and if I have time, homemade bbq sauce
Chili Rellenos - yum. That's all I have to say about that.
Warm potato salad, with the possible addition of some crispy bacon bits. I did say it was all about the pork, didn't I?
Green salad or maybe a nice sui choy slaw with lime.

My mouth is watering just thinking about this meal. I had better get on with it.
Happy Birthday, love! xoxoxo

1 comment: