Monday, May 31, 2010

Creating and Dreaming

I got to do a little fabric shopping last week and picked up a pattern I have been lusting after since I first saw it. It is a Vogue dress by Michael Kors.


At first glance it is a simple dress but when you check out the neckline - gorgeous-ness! I have yet to decide what fabric I am going to use for this dress but I can hardly wait to make it. It will be perfect for one of the summer weddings I have to attend.
I got this cool book by Cal Patch and have begun learning how to draft a pattern from scratch. It is so exciting! I made a simple skirt just using my own measurements. It fits perfectly. Taking all the measurements is a bit humbling but in the end I have a skirt that actually fits. I just have to hem it and then I will take some pictures.
I am also working on a little cap for the Wee Beast. I'm just making it up as I go. Hoping it turns out! x

No comments:

Post a Comment